torsdag 9 maj 2013

Punk Classics EP Vol. 4


Punk Classics EP Vol. 4


The fourth fucker, released in '87. I ran into some problem trying to find a decent rip of Don Curry's Bony Maronie Revisited. No luck. I had to go for the version found on the Punk Classics CD (released in 95) and it sounds pretty horrible..
Texas is the theme on this volume. Cool selection but was this the coolest songs they could find? I mean, Texas is a veritable garage treasure trove!
But as I said - this is all cool stuff.
There was a fifth and final volume in this series but since it was not requested, and that it was impossible for me at the moment to find good rips, and because the song selection is six covers - I just decided to stop here.
A huuuuge 'thank you' to Gyro for providing a good 50% of the songs. I couldn't have done it without him.


6 kommentarer:

  1. I have the volume 5 grabbed from the paradise of garage comps and the sound is not so crappy , if you are interested tell me.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Splendid! Yes, please! Thanks. First class interaction!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Here is the fifth volume , not so bad after all: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pge8xp

    SvaraRadera
  4. Merci François! I'll post it later. :)

    SvaraRadera
  5. David - I'm enjoying hearing these classic comps again. Putting them on the iPod and just letting them spin as they were released, not using the shuffle. Good work on this fine new blog.

    SvaraRadera
  6. Happy to hear it, Gyro! And thanks for helping out - your comps constantly helps my mission!

    SvaraRadera