lördag 30 april 2016

Open Up Yer Door Vol. 2


Open Up Yer Door Vol. 2


Frog Death, 1987


This shit-hot platter starts with the best fuzz-riffer in existence followed by Gene "Catman" Vincent rippin' thru a tough garage stomper and you know you're set for the next half-an-hour.

 It is fascinating how consistent and unrelenting it is considering the wild mix with harmonica-infested folk rock here to thumpin acid punk to ultra-primitive slop.

There are more downer and moody punk on this volume. But that don't matter since it is so masterfully sequenced. It flows so naturally and is a trip to listen to.

God I wonder who made these ingenious albums.. If you're out there, whoever, where ever - thanks you!

Also a huuuuge thatk you and a big bouquet of respect and gratitude to Gyro. He supplied all the rips (bar 2), and if it weren't for him we wouldn't be listening to this comp at this level of fidelity.

Oh yeah, yesterday I said I had a CD of vol. 2. Turns out it actually didn't that impressive so I consulted Gyro's massive USA Garage Greats again.
He also treated us to all the tracks (bar a couple) on vol. 1.

Gyro - thank you so much!




4 kommentarer:

  1. Thanks so much! This is almost as good as Vol. 1. I knew the guy who put these out - fantastic collector - but I haven't seen him in years.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hey YankeeBoy.
    That's awesome! I hope he's doing fine.
    Thanks for commenting!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Hello David! Any chance you would re-up a new link for this comp? Many thanks in advance!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Hi David, I hope you can re-up a new link for Volume 2; I have a vinyl copy but would love to hear your version. Many thanks!

    SvaraRadera