lördag 2 april 2016

Psychedelic Disaster Whirl


Psychedelic Disaster Whirl


This juggernaut slays just as hard as your average Back From The Grave. In fact, I think it was designed to be to psych comps what BFTG was to contemporary inferior comps.
An unrelenting acid punk onslaught of fuzz and noiz.
Released by one Chris Peake in 1986 on Frantic Records (not to be confused with any other label called Frantic Records).
Allegedly mr. Peake tried to get Tim Warren (of Crypt fame) to release it who declined to do so because he considered it to be "too psych". (I have heard it said that Mr. Warren still thought it was a ass-kickin' comp. Which it indeed is.)

This is yet another gift from the OZ humanitarian and philanthropist over at the old garagepunk forum. He served this plus three other set of songs (a total of 48 tracks) in a similar vain to the original Psychedelic Disaster Whirl.
(Comment below if you want me to post those too..)
(Posted as flacs below)

I'll post both this set both as mp3's and as a flacs.
You choose.

Have a great saturday!

FLAC

MP3

9 kommentarer:

  1. George C. Looney2 april 2016 13:02

    oh yes yes yessity yes please

    SvaraRadera
  2. Cool buddies. Expansions posted.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Hey David, I'm curious to hear the Expansions - if it wouldn't be too much trouble would you post them in MP3? If it's too much trouble that's all right - just thought I'd ask. I love the original set - thanks a lot for that.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Sure Tommy, I'll get to that first thing tomorrow.

      Radera
  4. Bugger - didn't see the 'MP3' tag and downloaded the whole album as FLAC.

    Playing in VLC Media Player, I can't discern any difference in quality between FLAC and MP3 (using 'CloudConvert' to convert my FLAC files), despite the FLAC being twice the disc size.

    Just wondered whether there was/is a difference between FLAC and MP3 or reason for posting in FLAC format first?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hey Jason!

      Yes there is a difference between flac and mp3, flac is totally lossless while mp3 is not. While my rips are at a 320 bitrate, there is still a definitive difference. This explains the differance better than I could: http://coppertino.com/vox/resources/flac_vs_mp3

      I posted both in flac and mp3 so you could choose what suits you best.
      Not everyone cares about losslessness while some would choose flac every time of the week.

      Another factor to detect a diffirence is what spekers you are listening to. Most of the time I listen to the spekers of my cpu or my crappy earplugs so it is harder to tell if it is a flac or an mp3. But I still find the flacs more satisfactory and complex.

      Thanks for the feedback!

      Radera
    2. Same here, David - listening through my PC there's nothing between the two. Trying to save a bit of space in my cloud, so converted them to MP3.

      As I'm wondering through your blog, I think I'm going to have to extend the space in my cloud anyhow - so much stuff here.

      Wonderful journey - thanks for being such a good guide!

      Radera
    3. Same here, David - listening through my PC there's nothing between the two. Trying to save a bit of space in my cloud, so converted them to MP3.

      As I'm wondering through your blog, I think I'm going to have to extend the space in my cloud anyhow - so much stuff here.

      Wonderful journey - thanks for being such a good guide!

      Radera