fredag 8 april 2016

Re-upped: The Chosen Few Vol. 2


The Chosen Few Vol. 2


Tom-Tom Records 1983

Says Patrick the Llama: "Even better second volume if you ask me, mostly because it has a marvellous consistency all the way thru, like it was recorded by one single monster group. This is the real classy stuff. Side 2 recycles several of the top 45s on the hallowed Fenton label. A good one to play for non-believers."

From the same "east coast garage scenester" Bruce who's responsible for the first volume.

Plays great, really a bunch of über-classics. The B-side is insanely great.

Vintage review:
""The Chosen Few - Vol. 1" is considered by many to be the best garage compilation of last year, and your life is incomplete and shallow without it. Here's Volume Two, and it proves that whoever puts these out knows what's cool. Though the sound isn't as good as the first one, the selection is just about as good. Punk insanity reigns throughout, with seventeen screamers to the end. I'd go into the big review of how this fuzz is cool, that scream is monstrous, on and on, but all the cuts are great, so justcut the shit and buy it now!"
- Ron Rimsite (Originally published in Ugly Things #3, 1984)"

Ron is right in everything except the sound. I have gotten hold of great rips and Chosen Few Vol. 2 has never sounded this good.

So what do you think? Is the first, or second album who is the best? Which one is your favorite?
I know which one's mine.








13 kommentarer:

  1. Just want to say thank you... for all your work and love giving us all this great music in Best sound quality. Been also listening to three of your compilations so far and they are a blast. Oh man, all this stuff sounds so fresh, so real... with strangely great atmosphere. Please, keep up the great work you are doing here.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much. It's feedback like that that makes my day.
      Have a magical weekend!

      Radera
  2. I have Volume One on a CD, but I don't have Volume Two. Thanks for uploading this Volume 2...I'm going to download it !

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I hope you'll dig it!
      And I have to toot my own horn and state that the Chosen Few Vol. 1 that I put together sounds better than any version I've heard.
      Try it! :)
      Have a nice weekend!

      Radera
  3. My copy sounds awfully going to grab your rip
    Cheers

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah the one I bought sounded terrible!
      I trust you will find this better.
      Cheers!

      Radera
    2. Thank you David sounds definitively better than my copy
      A request : crude P.A will be welcome
      Have a nice day.

      Radera
    3. I will look into it, tnx! :)

      Radera
  4. What can I say? Thank you my friend.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm very glad to be of help.
      You're welcome, friend!

      Radera
  5. Would a re-up be possible, please? Thanks!

    knut

    SvaraRadera
  6. Please Re-up - Thanx for all your great stuff!

    SvaraRadera
  7. This is a great and classic comp. Please re-reup!

    SvaraRadera