torsdag 13 oktober 2016

Rich Sounds Of The Sixties Vol. 6






Some CA, some WA, a couple Oregon..

To be honest - this is a so-so volume. Great rips, but a little slow. A couple of massive killers, another couple of absolute classics, a bunch of top-notch punkers, but also a lot of fillers. Well, according to me. I think it is a matter of taste.

What I think is cool with this volume is that it is pretty chill to listen to. And it is a good solid listen.
Yeah, it's better than so-so. I shouldn't have written that.


My faves:
Night Walkers - Stix & Stones
I love this tune so damn much. I have loved it ever since I bought (the weak and thin-sounding) Highs In The Mid-Sixties Vol. 7.
10 outta 10 in my book.

Untouchables - Don't Go I'm Beggin'
Crude northwest stomper with some mean-ass fuzz.

Initial Shock - You've Been A Long Time Comin'
Montana? What the H? There's not a lot of garage hailing from MT. When I consult TeenBeat Mayhem it tells me that the leader Mojo Collins was stationed in MT and that the band then went to San Fran, CA and recorded their 2nd 45 there.
Whatever the story, this is a very cool but careful stomper. A little shy. Awesome fuzzy solo.

Crusade - Psychedelic Woman
Arkansas is a little off too on the garage-map but there's way more than from Montana, that much is true.
Awesome stupid garage rock'n'roll, great fun, sure - it's got "psychedelic" in the title but it's got it mind in the gutter. Good wholesome r'n'r fun. 

Billy & the Kids - When I See You
One of the best drama-punkers there is. Classic.


We end with the very cool Bad Part Of Town with the Seeds - thanks Rich!





3 kommentarer:

  1. I have 5 volumes to this set. Wonder collection!
    I hate to complain, but this Vol 6 downloads as "corrupt". Size is as it should be, but only a file "DS Store" is included. Can you possibly re-upload this one? Muchas grasias!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I fixed it now! Thanks for the feedback.

      Radera
  2. It works!! Thanks for the re-up, that was so fast, I appreciate it! Your collections are the greatest!! Good day!!

    SvaraRadera